TELANGANA STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST TS – SET-2017
Only those candidates who have completed or are pursuing the final year of PG degree in related subjects are eligible to appear TS-SET. Others need not apply.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for SET. The Backward Classes (BC) / Scheduled Castes (SC) / Scheduled Tribes (ST) / Physically Challenged (PH/VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible to appear the SET.
- Candidates who have appeared (OR) will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s Degree examination and whose result is still awaited (or) candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination (or) equivalent with At least 55% marks (50% in case of BC/SC/ST/PH/VH candidates). Such candidates must obtain their P.G degree mark sheet within one year from the date of SET with the required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed on or before 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in the SET Examination.
- Candidates have to appear for SET in the subject of their Post-Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- The candidates who qualify in the test are eligible to apply for the post of Asst. Professors / Lecturers in various universities and degree colleges of higher education in Telangana. They will be given eligibility-certificate and the validity period of certificate is forever.
- Candidates other than general category are required to mention of their social status (BC/SC/ST/VH) in the online application form. The candidates in their own interest must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the test. In case their ineligibility is detected by the Agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates may note that the verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents (PG qualification certificates, caste certificates and certificates related to PH/VH) as may be called for will be taken up only after the candidate has qualified in the test. If in the event of the candidate being found ineligible at any stage for the award due to any reason, the award may be withdrawn by SET agency.
No Upper age limit to apply.
T-SET Application Fee:
Application fee should pay through Online from Payment
Rs. 1000/- for OC category students,
Rs. 800/- for OBC category students,
Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST / PH Persons,
T-SET Exam Syllabus & Subjects:
Telangana State Eligibility Test will be conducted in 3 papers,
Paper- I is common for all subjects, and it is bi-lingual (English and Telugu),
Paper –II and Paper- III exam consist of multiple – choice questions based on subject selected by the candidates
Subjects: Geography, Chemical Sciences, Commerce, Computer Science & Applications, Economics Education, English, Earth Science, Life Sciences, Journalism & Mass Communication, Management, Hindi, History, Law, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Physical Education, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Telugu, Urdu, Library and Information Science, Sanskrit, Social Work, Environmental Studies, Linguistics
Telangana State Eligibility Test will be conduct Offline objective Mode, on Biometric basis , at the time of T-SET Exam candidates should carry Aadhaar card, they will collect finger prints and Aadhaar card Numbers.
T-Set Exam will be conducted in Three Papers
3 papers carry 175 questions for 350 marks
Eligibility marks for OC and OBC:
Paper 1 and Paper 2 – 40% marks
Paper 3 – 50 % marks
Eligibility for SC and ST candidates:
Paper 1 and Paper 2 – 35% marks
Paper 3 – 40 % mark
T-SET Examination Centers List:
Adilabad, Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda, Nizamabad, Warangal.
Paper 1 conducted on June 11th @ from 9:30AM to 10:45AM
Paper 2 Conducted on June 11th @ from 10:45AM to 12:00PM
Paper 3 Conducted on June 11th @ from 1:00PM to 4:00PM
Important Dates for T-SET Notification 2017:
Online Registration Starts from: 22-02- 2017
Last date for Submission of Online Applications without Late Fee (Only Registration): 20-03-2017
With late fee of Rs. 1500/- + Registration Fee 30-03-2017
With late fee of Rs. 2000/- + Registration Fee 06-04-2017
With late fee of Rs. 3000/- + Registration Fee
(For Hyderabad centre only): 01-05-2017
Download of Hall Tickets: 20-05-2017
Exam will be conducted on: 11th June 2017
Last Date for Online Application Registration: 20th March2017
Official website www.telanganaset.org